Emma Raducanu’s life has been under a microscope since her historic US Open win four years ago, when she became the first qualifier to lift a Grand Slam title. Her private affairs have been in the spotlight more than ever over the last couple of months, after she signed up to play with ATP star Carlos Alcaraz in the new mixed doubles event in Flushing Meadows.
Since then, speculation has been rife over whether Raducanu and Alcaraz’s friendship it something more. At Wimbledon last month, where she bowed out in the third round after an impressive showing against world No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka, some were vying to know who she was dating.
Ahead of the tournament, the British No. 1 was outright asked whether the Alcaraz dating rumours were true. “We’re just good friends,” she said at the time.
But the questions persisted, and fellow British tennis star Cameron Norrie – in a long-term relationship with Louise Jacobi, who was in his box throughout his run to the Wimbledon quarter-finals – was even asked whether he was the one dating Raducanu.
Following her run to the third round in Cincinnati this week, the world No. 39 has now had her say on the invasive line of questioning, and she made her thoughts very clear.
“Yeah, and Cam’s questions, too. That was terrible. Terrible,” she told the Guardian.
MORE TO FOLLOW
We’ll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
For the latest news and breaking news visit: express.co.uk/sport/football. Stay up to date with all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Follow us on Twitter @dexpress_sport – the official Daily Express & Express.co.uk Twitter account – providing real news in real time.
We’re also on Facebook @dailyexpresssport – offering your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day to like, comment and share from the Daily Express, Sunday Express and Express.co.uk.