The body of a woman has been found on a popular beach at a seaside resort.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene after the terrible discovery in Gorleston, Norfolk, at about 9am on Tuesday (February 19).
Norfolk Police said the woman’s death is not being treated as suspicious. The force has not revealed the woman’s name or when she was last seen. Police have confirmed the case is recent.
The woman’s family has been informed and a file is being prepared for the coroner, according to the police.
East of England Ambulance Service, Norfolk Police forensics officers and members of HM Coastguard were at the scene.
News of the discovery comes after the body of a man in his twenties was found at a beach in Blackpool last Sunday (February 16).
The body was discovered on the North Promenade and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious, according to reports. The case is to be sent to a coroner.
A Lancashire Police spokesman, quoted by The Sun, said the force’s thoughts are with the man’s family at this very sad time.
In a separate incident, the body of another woman was found near a sewage outlet during the search for a missing woman.
Colette Marshall, 44, was reported missing from Perranporth, Cornwall on February 1. Police issued two photos of Ms Marshall in a bid to find her and said they were concerned for her welfare.
It was confirmed on Saturday (February 15) that a body had been found “just off the sewage outlet at Drozskyn” near Perranporth.
In a statement, Devon and Cornwall Police said: “A body has been located in the search for 44-year-old Colette Marshall who had been reported missing from Perranporth.
“A body was discovered along the coastline in the Perranporth area Saturday, February 8. Formal identification has yet to take place.”
Ms Marshall’s family has been informed and a file will be prepared for the coroner, according to police.


