Spencer Pratt call Gavin Newsom a ‘demon from hell’

0



Los Angeles mayoral candidate Spencer Pratt torched California leadership and slammed Gov. Gavin Newsom as a “demon” while calling out the state’s failures in responding to last year’s devastating Palisades wildfire.

“He’s a demon. He’s truly straight from hell,” Pratt said of Newsom in a blistering sit-down with Ankler Media CEO Janice Min.

The former “The Hills” bad boy turned mayoral hopeful said he’s felt that way about Newsom since the governor was caught dining at the French Laundry while his pandemic mandates forced Pratt to shutter his crystal business.

Los Angeles mayoral candidate Spencer Pratt. Getty Images
Gavin Newsom speaking at a podium with his right hand raised. PA Images via Getty Images

“Newsom is a great reality star, but what you are is, you’re in charge of everything failing,” Pratt said.

The comments came during a wide-ranging interview with Min, who once featured Pratt and his wife Heidi Montag on countless covers of Us Weekly during their 2000s reality heyday. Now, nearly two decades later, Pratt is reinventing himself as a political outsider who is determined to upend Los Angeles politics.

Pratt’s mayoral bid was sparked by the Jan. 7 2025 Pacific Palisades fire, which destroyed his home. He claims he watched flames creep toward his property while waiting for firefighters who never came.

“I never hear one fire engine, I never hear a siren,” Pratt said, who was told by firefighters that “no assets are coming.”

California Gov. Gavin Newsom speaking and pointing during a rally. AP

Pratt is now a lead plaintiff in a lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles and the Department of Water and Power, alleging water system failures and negligence — including that the nearby reservoir was offline during a critical window.

He argues that helicopters wasted precious time flying to Malibu and Encino for water instead of quickly refilling locally.

A drone picture shows debris from burned properties, as the Palisades Fire continues in the Los Angeles area, in Malibu, California. REUTERS

Pratt announced his candidacy on the anniversary of the fire and is running in the June 2 nonpartisan primary against incumbent Mayor Karen Bass.

Pratt said he entered the race after waiting in vain for another worthy challenger to emerge.

“I just kept waiting for somebody to announce that they were going to run and have that same energy that I have,” he said. “And it never showed up.”

He accused Bass of whitewashing after-action reports on the city’s response to the Palisades Fire and mishandling homelessness.

“They say, ‘let’s look to the future. Let’s move forward.’ No, no, no, no. We’re not. We’re going to go back. We’re going to figure out what went wrong here and get rid of all the people involved and then we can move forward,” Pratt said.

Spencer Pratt in a black cap and t-shirt, gesturing while speaking into a microphone. Youtube/The Ankler

Download The California Post App, follow us on social, and subscribe to our newsletters

California Post News: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, YouTube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn
California Post Sports Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, X
California Post Opinion
California Post Newsletters: Sign up here!
California Post App: Download here!
Home delivery: Sign up here!
Page Six Hollywood: Sign up here!


He even has a “blacklist” of officials he says he’d remove on day one, including Bass and top brass at the LAPD, LAFD, and the LA Department of Water and Power.

Pratt talked about his love for LA, but lamented what he sees as the Hollywood industry and the city in decline, heading to a point where a show like “The Hills” wouldn’t be able to exist.

“You’re going to have a show where Heidi and Spencer are tripping over fentanyl addicts on the side of the street and stepping in human feces.”



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here