
A housekeeper was arrested Wednesday after she was allegedly caught on camera stealing six figures in cash from a safe at the Los Angeles home of Fanatics CEO Michael Rubin, The California Post has learned.
Officers responded to the apparel mogul’s mansion on Wednesday morning for a complaint of “grand theft,” a source close to the situation told The Post, confirming a report from TMZ Sports.
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that officers were called around 8:30 a.m. to Rubin’s home in the Bird Streets enclave of the Hollywood Hills.
Police later arrested a female staffer after an investigation.
Rubin was not the person who made the initial call to police, the outlet reported.
A spokesperson for Rubin declined to comment. The Post has sought comment from the LAPD.
The home, which sits in the Bird Streets enclave of the Hollywood Hills, is a three-level residence that boasts seven bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
Download The California Post App, follow us on social, and subscribe to our newsletters
California Post News: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, YouTube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn
California Post Sports Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, X
California Post Opinion
California Post Newsletters: Sign up here!
California Post App: Download here!
Home delivery: Sign up here!
Page Six Hollywood: Sign up here!
It sits on a nearly three-quarters-of-an-acre lot totaling about 31,305 square feet. Listing sites and agent materials did not disclose the home’s interior square footage.
The property underwent an extensive remodel in 2017 while owned by a group linked to Vancouver Canucks chairman Francesco Aquilini.
Aquilini’s Cordell Trust purchased the estate in 2012 for $8.5 million.
The house was once owned by the 40th president, Ronald Reagan, who lived there with his first wife, actress Jane Wyman, from 1941 to 1948.
Rubin bought the property in 2022 for a record-setting $70 million.
Rubin, whose wealth was valued by Bloomberg Billionaires Index at $11.6 billion as of Wednesday, was spotted in Los Angeles over the weekend for NBA All-Star festivities.
The alleged incident at Rubin’s home is just the latest reported theft to target prominent names in the sports and entertainment industries.
In recent years, burglars have struck the homes of NFL stars Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Joe Burrow, NBA player Bobby Portis, actor Brad Pitt and entertainers Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, according to law enforcement officials and court filings.
The FBI has warned of a surge in sophisticated, coordinated break-ins aimed at wealthy athletes and celebrities, flagging the rise of so-called South American Theft Groups, or SATGs, particularly crews originating from Chile that travel to the United States to carry out high-value heists.
Federal prosecutors in February of last year charged a seven-man Chilean crew accused of burglarizing the homes of Mahomes, Kelce, Burrow and Portis, alleging the ring stole more than $2 million in goods.
Los Angeles police in August 2025 arrested four teenage suspects tied to a criminal street gang in connection with a string of celebrity burglaries, including a break-in at Pitt’s home.


