HAVE got a tasty scoop for all you Savers. Today marks the anniversary of the invention of the ice cream sundae in 1892. Celebrate 127 years of the
HAVE got a tasty scoop for all you Savers.
Today marks the anniversary of the invention of the ice cream sundae in 1892.
But you need not fork (or should that be spoon?) out to celebrate everyone’s favourite sweet treat, which has now been around for 127 years.
Just take a lick at these bargains . . .
- LOVELY TUB-LY: Grab a 460ml tub of Häagen-Dazs Salted Caramel Ice Cream for just £2.50 at Tesco, down from the usual price of £4.20. If you want to go the whole hog and build a sundae, the supermarket is also selling a new Salted Caramel Sauce for £2 and Butter Fudge Chunks for £1.
- DAIRY ME: Those avoiding dairy need not flake out from enjoying a few scoops — and they do not have to opt for plain or boring options either. Fans of peanut butter and cookie dough lovers will be impressed by Ben & Jerry’s non-dairy ice cream alternative Peanut Butter Cookies, currently £4.50 at Asda, down from it’s usual £5.99.
- SAVING LOLLY: If you prefer an ice lolly to scoops from a tub, head down to Morrisons. Branded favourites such as Mars, Rowntrees and Twister are all two for £3, usually £2 per box.
- PROS AND CONES: Reduced-calorie, high-protein ice creams are having a moment. There are a wide range of flavours now available for those of us who want to watch our calorie intake or just eat a whole tub with slightly less guilt. They can be pricey but Aldi has come to the rescue. It has launched a version costing just £1.99 — a huge saving when compared to £5 for Halo Top. Asda also now stock its own £2.50-a-tub range.
SAVING: Up to £3.01
- All prices on page correct at time of going to press. All deals and offers subject to availability.
PRINGLES Rice Fusions, in Peking Duck with Hoisin Sauce or Malaysian Red Curry, are £1 at Costcutters, RRP £1.99.
Deal of the day
IF you are a fan of delicate, fragrant Bombay Sapphire Gin, you can now get a 1L bottle of it for only £21 at Ocado, down from £27.50.
My Sun Savers fiver
MUSIC lover IRENE HARRIS from Grimsby says: “I am saving my Savers fivers up to buy myself a new ukulele.”
- Send us a Savers fiver story to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
SAY yes to statement denim with these fabulous ripped-style dungarees, from studio.co.uk for £19.99 – less than half the cost of Next’s £42 version.
Reader’s saving tip
CLAIR BURNINGHAM from London says: “Don’t go spending loads on spot removal creams – just use toothpaste instead. It works very well for me.”
- Send tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Shop and save
FRESHEN up with Dove Men+Care Sport Active Fresh 150ml anti-perspirant, down from £3.09 to £1.53 at Superdrug.
Hols from £15 are back
PACK your bags and start the car – our bargain breaks are back. Get a Hols From £15 at any of more than 290 holiday parks in the UK and Europe – see them all at thesun.co.uk/holidays).
These breaks are on peak dates until August, giving you a bigger choice of European holidays compared to our Hols From £9.50. Pick a three-night weekend or four-night midweek trip.
Go midweek and you get a fourth night FREE. To book, collect EIGHT tokens, codewords or Sun Savers codes from those printed daily in The Sun until April 14.
Today’s token and codeword is on the right, today’s Sun Savers code is on Page 22. Once you have collected eight codewords, go to thesun.co.uk/holidays and enter them to book. To book by post, send your tokens with the booking form.
If collecting with Sun Savers, go to the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and click “Start Collecting” on the “Holidays From £15” page in the “Offers” section. Next, enter your eight Sun Savers codes to unlock booking.
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. T&Cs, date restrictions apply, see thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
MOST READ IN MONEY TIPS
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.