Pennsylvania retirement home shooting suspect gunned down ex-wife before killing parents hours after being served divorce papers


A JILTED husband who was hunted by police for attempting to shoot his wife and then killing his parents at their retirement home has been found dead.

Bruce Rogal, 59, went on a rampage in West Bradford Township, Pennsylvania, on Wednesday – hours after he received papers finalising his divorce.

Police are hunting Bruce Rogal, 59, who is suspecting of killing his parents and shooting at his wife
Westtown-East Goshen Regional Police

He first drove to the home of his now ex-wife Kitty and and fired six shots as she stood on her driveway changing the oil in her car.

She managed to escape into a neighbours home unharmed but residents say the bullets hit some of the nearby houses.

Rogal then drove to Bellingham Retirement Community, where his parents William and Nancy, both in their late 80s, lived and shot them dead, police said.

Cops launched a major manhunt for Rogal, who was driving a 2002 silver Honda Odyssey, and warned he was “armed and very dangerous”.

Aerial footage showed Bellingham Retirement Community in Pennsylvania surrounded by emergency service vehicles
Paramedics were seen taking a stretcher into Bellingham Retirement Home in West Chester, Pennsylvania, after a double shooting

He drove past the Pennsylvania State Police barracks and troopers, gave chase exchanging gunfire.

Cops used a helicopter to follow his car as he headed back into the neighbourhood where his wife lives and at 1am he crashed into the side of her home.

He was found dead in the driver’s seat with weapons beside him, however, officers say it’s unclear whether he shot himself or was killed by trooper fire.

Rogal was served the final divorce papers earlier on Wednesday, which awarded his home to his ex-wife.

Police arrive at the scene after two people were shot dead and a gunman went on the run

Officers were called to the retirement home in West Chester after reports of a shooting at around 6.30pm and the area was put into lockdown.

Aerial footage showed the area swarmed with emergency service vehicles.

Schools within a two mile radius were placed into lockdown as a precaution, with some stuck inside West Chester East High School, according to a message sent to parents.

Police confirmed that all residents were escorted back inside the care home late last night.

They continue to investigate the tragedy.

Officers launched a massive manhunt after the suspect fled the scene ‘in a van’

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *