Murderer, 55, Stabbed Girlfriend, 33, To Death 26 Times Before Going To The Pub With His Mates ‘in Good Spirits’


A MAN brutally killed his girlfriend by stabbing her 26 times – then calmly went to the pub with his mates.

John Lewis, 55, was given a life sentence for launching a savage attack on girlfriend Terrie-Ann Jones, 33  – including stabbing her in the neck 13 times – leaving her in a pool of blood.

Wales News Service John Lewis was handed a life sentence at Swansea Crown Court

After Lewis “brutally murdered” Terrie-Ann, he then took money from her purse and went to the pub in “good spirits.”

A court heard Lewis handed himself in to police later that night – telling them: “I’ve killed somebody.”

Lewis pleaded not guilty to murder and claimed he was acting in self-defence.

But he was found guilty by a jury at Swansea Crown Court.

Wales News Service Terrie-Ann Jones was stabbed 26 times, including 13 in her neck

Prosecutor Mike Jones QC said the pair had been arguing about their relationship when Lewis attacked her in the kitchen.

The court heard two days before her death Terrie-Ann told a friend that she had met someone else and was going to end the relationship.

Mr Jones said: “Lewis claimed that when he went to the house to collect his belongings it was he who had been attacked by Miss Jones with a knife and he defended himself.”

Terrie-Ann had 13 stab wounds to her neck, three to her collarbone and two to her chest.

Mr Jones said: “She also had a number of wounds to both hands typical of defence injuries.”

When police found Terrie-Ann there were trails of blood on the doors, kitchen units and drops of blood on her handbag.

There was also blood found inside her purse at the house in Cimla, Neath, South Wales, on January 5.

The court heard Terrie-Ann had an 8cm deep wound into her heart.

Mr Jones said: “A serrated knife was found in the kitchen. The blade was bent significantly.”

Lewis told police Terrie-Ann was injured when he tried to get the knife off her.

He claimed when he left the house Terrie-Ann said to him: “I love you, I’m sorry.”

Lewis said he locked the door and threw the key down a drain – to “signify the relationship was over.”

He is a dangerous, calculating predator who from day one preyed on our Tan’s caring nature

The family of Terrie-Ann Jones

He told police: “When I left the house I honestly believed she was ok.

“I knew she was in a bit of blood but I didn’t know it was that bad to be honest with you.”

Lewis told police he had been walking around “in a daze” after the killing.

He said he had gone to see his mother and sister before going to the police station.

But CCTV shown to the jury shows him drinking in Schooners pub in Briton Ferry, near Neath, South Wales, before going to police.

In a 999 call played to the jury Lewis can be heard saying: “I’ve killed somebody. My girlfriend.”

Lewis, of Briton Ferry, had £60 in cash when he was arrested and Terrie-Ann’s DNA was found on one of the notes.

After the verdict, her family said: “He is a dangerous, calculating predator who from day one preyed on our Tan’s caring nature.

“She was patient, kind, had a fantastic sense of humour and was quite literally the life and soul of the party.

“Her passing has forever changed the lives of her daughter and little boy, who at nine years old doesn’t understand why his mummy isn’t here to play with him anymore.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *