Mum Comes Up With ‘ingenious’ Hack To Keep Her Injured Foot Dry In The Shower – Using A Condom

72

A MUM-OF-ONE has come up with a novel way of keeping her injured foot dry in the shower – by using a condom.

Cheryl Alexander, 25, from Cwmbran in Wales, was left with a gaping hole in her right foot after standing on a three-pin plug when she fell off a chair while decorating her living room last Wednesday.

Mercury Press Cheryl Alexander, 25, from Cwmbran in Wales, has protected her injured foot in the shower by wearing a condom

After spending five hours at Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport getting it cleaned, bandaged and X-rayed, medical staff sent Cheryl home with strict instructions not to get the dressing wet.

With that in mind, she came up with an elaborate ploy to keep her foot dry in the shower.

Mercury Press The 25-year-old mum-of-one holds aloft the condom she has used to keep her injured foot dry in the shower

Cheryl, mum to four-year-old Lola, said: “My shower is more like a wet room, there’s no bath for me to place my foot on to stop it getting wet.

“I thought ‘what can I do about this?’

“I used my imagination and had a look round my bedroom and saw these condoms.

“I thought ‘right well they’ve fit on your head when I put it on as a prank last month so they must be able to fit on your foot’.

“I was with someone and you know fellas will try and big themselves up by saying condoms don’t fit them and I thought if I can fit one on my head he hasn’t got that as an excuse.

“My foot is a size seven (9.5 inches) so it’s definitely bigger than the average one.”

Mercury Press Cheryl injured her foot after standing on a three-pin plug when she fell off a chair while decorating her living room last Wednesday

Cheryl took the condom out the packet, rolled it out and stretched it over her injured foot.

She said: “I was worried it might rip but it didn’t, it went over my foot and worked really well.

“It was a bit tight around the ankle but when I took it off my foot was bone dry.”

Describing her accident last week Cheryl said: “I decided I was going to finish painting my living room.

“Me being clever I thought I would stand on a chair but my foot gave way and I landed on the plug for my wax burner.

“It went into my foot and I just pulled it out. There was blood going from the living room to the kitchen.

“I’m not sure how far it went into my foot. It was horrible, I cleaned it up and you could see all the blood inside it.

“At first I wasn’t so much in pain…it was more panic, I think the adrenaline kicked in.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *