Oritse Williams arrives at Walsall Magistrates’ Court today after he was charged with rape
Former JLS star Oritse Williams has appeared in court charged with raping a waitress after a gig in Wolverhampton.
The 31-year-old singer is accused of attacking the 20-year-old after inviting her back to his four star hotel on December 2, 2016.
Williams, of Croydon, south London, appeared at a brief hearing at Walsall and Aldridge Magistrates’ Court today, where he was granted unconditional bail by a district judge.
He was ordered to appear at Wolverhampton Crown Court on November 8.
Co-defendant Jamien Nagadhana, 31, from Hounslow, London, also appeared at the hearing charged with assault by penetration in connection with the same incident and was bailed to the same date.
A statement released at the time of his arrest, by 10 Worlds Music UK, which looked after Williams, said the singer denied the accusations.
The singer has previously released a statement denying the allegations against him
His statement read: ‘All we wish to say at this time is that Oritse denies the allegations against him.
‘The matter is in the hands of the police and it would be totally wrong for us to comment any further.’
After the allegations came to light, Williams said he would be stepping back from charity work – saying ‘press speculation is likely to be unhelpful to the charities I work with.’
Oritse was in JLS from when they arrived on the scene in 2007 until they split up in 2013. He has since been performing under the stage name OWS
The boyband had chart success between 2007 and 2013. Oritse has since performed as OWS
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.