Is Packed to the Rafters making a come back?

Is Packed to the Rafters making a come back?


Is Packed to the Rafters making a come back? Producers ‘hoping to commence filming in 2020’ as reboot rumours persist

It’s time to pull out the popcorn and get the tissues ready – Australia’s favourite TV family might be making a come back.

Reboot talks between producers and the cast of TV drama Packed to the Rafters are said to be underway, according to the Courier Mail on Wednesday.

Rebecca Gibney (aka Julie Rafter) is said to be onboard for a reboot, however Erik Thomson, Hugh Sheridan, Michael Caton, Jessica Marais, Angus McLaren and Ryan Corr are reportedly undecided.

Is Packed to the Rafters making a come back? Producers 'hoping to commence filming in 2020' as reboot rumours persist

Is Packed to the Rafters making a come back? Producers ‘hoping to commence filming in 2020’ as reboot rumours persist 

George Houvardas, who played the inimitable Carbo, is returning to screens soon on ABC comedy.

If all goes well, filming could commence as early as 2020. 

A recent survey of TV Tonight readers revealed that the Rafter family is still Australia’s number one favourite clan over the Proudmans, Kennedys, and Fletchers.      

Reunited at last? Rebecca Gibney (aka Julie Rafter) is said to be onboard for a reboot, however Erik Thomson, Hugh Sheridan, Michael Caton, Jessica Marais, Angus McLaren and Ryan Corr are reportedly undecided

Reunited at last? Rebecca Gibney (aka Julie Rafter) is said to be onboard for a reboot, however Erik Thomson, Hugh Sheridan, Michael Caton, Jessica Marais, Angus McLaren and Ryan Corr are reportedly undecided

The family drama series swept across Australian television screens from 2008 until it was in 2013. 

Following the life and pressures of Julie and Dave Rafter and their adult children, the prime time show took out 13 TV week Logie awards and averaged 1.38 million viewers. 

Channel Seven cancelled the program after six seasons although it bolstered their ratings-remaining in the top five watched shows for its duration- because of the loss of key cast members Jessica Marais and Jessica McNamee.

Goodbye forever?: Channel Seven cancelled the program after six seasons although it bolstered their ratings-remaining in the top five watched shows for its duration- because of the loss of key cast members Jessica Marais and Jessica McNamee

Goodbye forever?: Channel Seven cancelled the program after six seasons although it bolstered their ratings-remaining in the top five watched shows for its duration- because of the loss of key cast members Jessica Marais and Jessica McNamee

Talks come following the reboot of channel nine drama series Seachange and Halifax this year. 

High profile cast members are currently tied up in other projects, with George Houvardas signed into upcoming ABC  comedies and Rebecca currently in production filming Halifax.  

Rumours swirled a seventh season might be on the cards when Rebecca and Erik expressed there desire to resume  their iconic characters last year.

On schedule: High profile cast members are currently tied up in other projects, with George Houvardas signed into upcoming ABC comedies and Rebecca currently in production filming Halifax

On schedule: High profile cast members are currently tied up in other projects, with George Houvardas signed into upcoming ABC comedies and Rebecca currently in production filming Halifax

CATEGORIES
TAGS
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)