Drug-dealing Brother Of Boy, 7, Killed In Deptford House Fire Back In Jail As Two Held In Arson Murder Probe


THE drug-dealing brother of a little boy killed in a South London arson attack has been sent back to prison.

Samuel Urhie, 21, was arrested on Friday after being released from prison in February after serving four years for possession of cocaine and heroin with intent to supply.

Samuel Urhie poses in prison, having been jailed for drug charges

His little brother Joel, 7, died when he became trapped in his bedroom after the fire was deliberately started at the family home in Deptford.

Family and friends say gangsters were targeting Samuel when they torched the home in the early hours of Tuesday.

Authorities have said that the 21-year-old arrest this week was not connected with the probe into the fire.

On Saturday, cops arrested two men on suspicion of murder, attempted murder and arson with intent to endanger life.

SWNS:South West News Service Seven-year-old boy Joel Urhie died in the fire at the family home in Deptford, south east London

In a statement, the Met Police said: “Joel died when he became A 21-year-old man was arrested by police in Lewisham on Friday, 10 August on behalf of the Probation Service following an urgent recall to prison.

“He was not arrested as a suspect in the ongoing murder investigation following the fatal fire in Deptford.”

The men, aged 21 and 29, were arrested at residential addresses in south London. They have been taken to a south London police station, where they currently remain.

Joel, seven, died in the horror blaze which ripped through the house after being started deliberately with an accelerant just before 3.30am.

His mum Sophie, 48, and older sister Sarah, 19, only managed to escape by jumping out the first floor of the house.

In a statement the family said: “We are still in shock and a lot of pain and trying to come to terms with what happened to us as a family.”

Grieving dad John, 54, who doesn’t live at the south east London home, told the Sun Online: “He was a very lovely boy. It’s a terrible loss. The pain we cannot forget.

SWNS:South West News Service Seven-year-old Joel Urhie died in a suspected arson attack at his Deptford home on Tuesday early morning

PA:Press Association Two men have been arrested following the fire at the Deptford house Sister of tragic ‘arson’ attack boy Joel Urhie, 7, pays tribute with heartbreaking home videos

“When I came at 4am in the morning, the first thing I saw was my daughter inside the ambulance.

“They said, ‘Joel’s dead’, and there’s nothing I can do about it.”

He added: “Joel used to play football. He was doing very well with it. He used to play with all the kids around here. He was very intelligent. It’s a painful situation.”

Mum-of-two Elizabeth Okusanya, 42, paid tribute to Joel who was in the same class as her son at school.

She told the Sun Online: “He was very gentle, he didn’t get it or trouble. He just wanted to be himself. I used to call him Jo Jo.

“He was a very nice boy, a quiet boy.”

She said she was still “shocked” by the horror fire, saying: “I feel like I must be in a dream.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *